Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
Hotfix 0.7.0.9 Is Live!
Posted on February 6th, 2019 04:58 AM EST
Tonight we have another critical but unexciting iterative hotfix patch to further work on server performance. This patch focuses heavily on runtime memory allocations reducing garbage collector spikes. This should take a lot of pressure off full servers, hopefully reducing the "rewind/backwards" lag spikes that are causing our receive buffers to cap out and lose packets. Not 100% there yet, we will keep iterating over the week.
- Permanent fix for OSX crash from network API bypass
- Item invalidation / creation no longer allocates a ton of serverside allocations
- Removed a ton of redundant map marker network objects
- Ported object event subscriptions away from delegates to reduce allocations
- Reduced max CPU usage of weather systems and spawn director