Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Patch 0.7.2.0 Is Live - Content Delayed!
Posted on April 11th, 2019 04:27 AM EST
Unfortunately we have had to postpone the content patch until next Thursday due to some last minute serious issues with the Unity 2018 upgrade. Having dropped support for DX9, we had hoped that even min spec machines would have no trouble running under DX11.
After distributing a test build to a few players we found a bunch of shader compilation / rendering issues that are more work than we can handle for today. We also didn't see the performance benefits we had hoped on lower end machines.
Given the circumstances we have decided to roll back to Unity 5.6 to ensure we maintain support for the bare minimum spec machines and continue to offer decent performance on total potato machines.
Unfortunately migrating the content from this patch will take a few more days, to be released next Thursday.
We've done our best to migrate the crucial quality of life fixes like name plates disappearing to this patch.
As a consolation, we've decided to use this opportunity to try a new feature we've been toying with for a while:
We design the balance for servers with >50% people in them, this is impossible to achieve 24 hours a day.
To work towards solving this we came up with running specific servers time locked to specific hours of the day. For example, Russia #1 will open at 4pm and close at 2 am Moscow time giving players from that region a reasonable chance to be able to play for most of the time that the server is running.
We will be experimenting with different time configurations so we cater to all players. This will not necessarily be a permanent thing, just something to test this week while we finish off the content patch. Let us know what you think in the comments!
Full Change Log:
- Added timelock feature for servers that are only open during specific times of the day. This is a new feature we will be testing on official servers. This should make it feasible that regular people can be online for close to 100% of a servers uptime and be more competetive with players who can play all night. This should also reduce the chance of offline raids as there is a good chance most clans will have someone online during peak times.
Usage: timelock <starthour:0-24> <endhour:0-24> (Must be the first command in your autoexec.cfg, cannot be changed at runtime, relies on autorestart when a server shuts down from your OS start script)
- Fixed a bug causing player nameplates to disappear
- Fixed some item serialization bugs + added extra debug messages to help find problems
- Added a new right click menu option to amber that will protect all your protectable items
- Fixed footsteps on metal surfaces using the grass footstep sound
- Removed door sounds until we fix them to be consistent
- Item descriptions now display on item tooltips
- Frozen steaks (cooked and raw) are now stackable
- Removed territory C4 from town loot crates
- Removed FR18 Probos Tip from town loot crates
- Added extra Shotgun Shell recipe that uses Shaped Ultranium instead of Shaped Mondinium
- Added descriptions to weather effect tooltips